Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Where there's smoke...

I was really proud of myself when I quit smoking something like 15 years ago.
I'm not a quitter... in the sense that I seem to willingly latch onto unhealthy habits -- drinking too much, eating too much, gossiping too much, spending too much.
But smoking I dropped like a bad habit, hehehehehe. Get it? Bad habit?!
But at this particular moment. This one right here. At 2:51 p.m. on a Tuesday afternoon, I wish I could smoke without consequence.
I'm not feeling especially well. I'm bored. Sleepy. And don't like the stories I'm working on. This would be a perfect time to go outside and take a breather (a breather involving unhealthy air, I guess).
So I type all this knowing that I really don't want to smoke. But I wish it was acceptable to take a non-smoking break. A time when us non-smokers can walk outside and chat for 5 or 10 minutes just to break up the monotony... kind of like the old days at the LTN. When we took super long coffee breaks or brief walks around the block. Those were the days. Kind of.

No comments:

Post a Comment