Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Weight and wine

I love wine.
I've given up beer and try not to drink the hard stuff too often. But wine. Oh wine. How I adore thee.
Despite my love affair with wine, I'm losing weight. This is not a fluke. Of course, I had surgery... but let me say. Surgery doesn't do it all. Surgery helps, yes. But I reached a plateau more than 20 lbs ago. And it's still possible to over eat, take in too many calories and sit on my butt. This behavior will have the same result that it always has... weight gain and possibly some self loathing.
I got on the scale this morning and was thrilled. 74 lbs.
Did you get that? I SAID 74 LBS!
I'm in disbelief. Today is my six month anniversary of my surgery. I have no regrets except possibly that I didn't do it sooner.
I want to keep on this trek. So many milestones are in sight, and I even bought a new (new to me) dress that I want to wear to Sarah's wedding. It doesn't fit yet... but it will. oh yes, it will.

1 comment: