Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A little trouble, a lot of Dexter

Life at home on rainy days when you're less than a week out from surgery isn't very exciting.
And I was really shocked at how well my recovery was going until the last couple of days. I keep wanting to get a move on like I didn't just have my stomach rerouted.
So yeah. Last night was kind of rough.
This morning the mailman brought me a gift to cheer me up - the next dvd of Dexter season 3. In between naps, trips to the bathroom, rounds of protein shakes and bottles of water, I watched the entire dvd.
Dexter used to really freak me out. I couldn't handle the first complete season, but I'm totally digging it now. I love the complexity of the characters, the forensics and the dark humor.
Thanks, mailman, and thanks Dexter creative team. You were a highlight in my day.
Oh! And thanks to my girls for dropping by to pep me up. I had two visitors yesterday and a brief one today. All came with gifts. Great love to friendship! (and to Allyson, Jessica and Sarah)

No comments:

Post a Comment